Friday, January 26, 2007

The Good Ole Days

Today I had lunch with my cousin, Bailey. We ate Chinese and had a wonderful visit together. Bailey is a freshman at UTC, and is a very beautiful, sweet, good Christian young girl. Today was a beautiful day, and after we ate, she was on her way home from Chattanooga to Mt. Juliet, TN for the weekend with her family. I just couldn't help but remember those good ole days...the carefree days of college life. I am worlds away from those times right now, but they were very definitely some of the best, most fun days of my life. As I was remembering some of the things about those days, I jotted them down. Here are the top 10 things I miss about my days as a college student at FHU (in no particular order):
1. Chapel (and late night chapel singings, too)-it is weird how I didn't care too much about going when I was there, but now I really miss that time
2. Naps
3. Dorm life-everything from the "sisterhood" of those I lived with, to community baths, to special notes outside my door, to late night talks. Birthdays were especially fun, too. And at FHU, the candle burning ritual of when someone got engaged was really neat.
4. Budget-I lived on $20 a week (and sometimes even had to share that $20 with my sister Haven). But I never went over it...I ate out, bought some things from time to time that I shouldn't have, bought gas...all on $20. How in the world did I do that?
5. Booging-this was FHU's slang word for making out.
6. Driving home for the weekend.
7. Visiting friends'/boyfriend's hometowns on the weekend.
8. Being treated to a home cooked meal.
9. Ballgames. Our basketball games were especially fun to attend, and intramural sports were always fun (to play or watch).
10. Student Center hanging out time.
Those are just a few of the things. And though I am very thankful for my life now, it was just neat to ponder those good ole days today.

1 comment:

The Hadfields said...

I didn't know you had a cousin at UTC!! I bet she's glad to have you close by. We went to Nashville last weekend and I was thinking about our college days while we were there. It was the most carefee time of my life as well. I thought I was so grown up but I had practically "0" responsibility. Those were the good ole days!!